We have just tagged and uploaded to the Yum repositories Quattor 13.5. Special changes include:
New configuration modules
Moved from the Stratuslab repositories
Imported from old SVN
We have recovered
ncm-cups from the old Subversion repositories.
There weren’t any reports about the usage of this component during
many years, so we don’t know if it will handle correctly modern
versions of CUPS.
Improvements to configuration modules
ssh: The component now validates the configuration file for SSHD before writing it to disk.
download: had many fixes
metaconfig: do not rewrite a file if it cannot be rendered properly. Also, it is now possible to add preambles to the generated files.
- Handle wildcards in package declarations. Please see the full documentation of how to manage packages
- Detect when packages in the profile fail to install.
- The way packages are selected for removal has been greately improved. The new version should be more robust and produce way less conflicting transactions.
modprobegenerates correct initrds again.
Improvements to the automatic installer
- The Kickstart generator now supports the
loggingdirective. This will enable syslog during the Anaconda phase.
- The installer will try harder to bootstrap the machine even if some Yum repositories are temporarily unavailable.
- LVM on SL5 is correctly handled again.
Next release will be Quattor 13.6 and will happen end of June.