As always, many thanks to everyone who contributed!
The next release should be 14.8.0, the backlog for which is already huge.
Main New Features and Fixes
AII can install both 13.1.x (SPMA-managed) and 14.x (YUM-managed) machines: this is now the recommended and only supported version of AII. A site updating to 14.6.0 is recommended to upgrade its AII server first: this is the only version of AII capable of installing 14.6.0 machines.
ncm-cdispdnow properly reexecutes failed components every time a new profile is received, even though their configuration was not changed. Previous versions were not doing this and this could result in a machine staying in a partially configured state.
Grid template library also received a significant number of fixes for UMD-3 services. One of them is related to ncm-xrootd being blocked during restart of xrootd services with the effect of stalling ncm-ncd and thus preventing further deployment (until the ncm-ncd time out) and letting xrootd stopped.
ncm-xrootd: the fix describes above unfortunately contains a mistake that let xrootd disk instances unmanaged by xrootd startup script after executing the component (see https://github.com/quattor/configuration-modules-grid/pull/29). If you run into this problem, you may want to get the fixed version (that will be part of 14.8) from http://quattorsrv.lal.in2p3.fr/packages/site/ncm-xrootd-14.6.1-SNAPSHOT20140716143750.noarch.rpm: this will require you to edit cfg/quattor/14.6.0/components/xrootd/config.pan to update the RPM version.
- aii-server RPM: fix missing requirement for perl-XML-Simple.
- aii-ks: fixes to support installation of 13.1.x systems with AII 14.x.
- aii should not enforce the logging host .
- EL7 support.
- ncm-grub: fix handling of an undefined kernel version.
- ncm-mysql: fix mysqlAddUser not being called as a $self method.
- Simpler version of pkg_repl().
- Add Solaris support to ncm-cron..
- ncm-dirperm: make path attribute an absolute path.
- cdp-listend fetch_offset support.
- Add support for ConnectTimeout and BatchMode.
- Fix declaration of dependencies..
- ncm-xrootd: ensure that local redirector is started first.
- ncm-xrootd: extend rule syntax to allow to request a line removal.
- ncm-lcgbdii: untaint file name before calling chown.
- ncm-gip2: untaint file/directory names before calling chown.
- ncm-dpmlfc: define DPM_HOST/DPNS_HOST exported + various fixes.
- AII server: adjust default RPM configuration.
- Add “console” attribute to hardware structure.
- bring blockdevices template in sync with latest ncm-lib-blockdevices.